- About – Why this blog? Who the heck do I think I am?
Motivation is the key to success
- Don’t be a quitter
- Spanish for busy people
- Everyone can learn a language
- Because you don’t see improvement doesn’t mean it isn’t there
- Is Spanish really that easy?
- Spanish should be fun
- What if you studied Spanish in school but failed?
- Understanding everything shouldn’t be your goal
- Turn negative things positive
- Lazy people are better learners
- Learning a language is like running a marathon
- Are you trying to learn Spanish or are you actually learning it?
- How to keep momentum
- Making mistakes, does it hurt?
- What’s an SRS?
- Where to get sentences from?
- Where to get even more sentences from, with audio?
- Is using flashcards bad?
For the grammar nazis
- Screw grammar
- How to ignore grammar
- Why you think you need to learn grammar
- Learn by example
- I know nothing about grammar…
- Can learning grammar be a shortcut to fluency?
Yo! Fix my pronunciation!
- How to roll your R
- “Listen First” equals to “Never Going to Speak”?
- Don’t worry too much about your accent (However, after meeting many language learners over the years I do believe it’s possible for adult learners to acquire a native accent)
- Imitate, imitate, imitate
- Videotape yourself
- How I got a native Spanish accent
Input and output (a.k.a. “taking in” vs. “producing”)
- Input vs. output
- Understand Spanish: How to make the transition from input to output
- Spanish conversation groups may damage your fluency
- Speaking won’t make you better at Spanish
- The TV Method
- The Alpha-Male’s Manly Approach to Language Acquisition
- The Gentlemanly Alpha-Gentleman’s Guide to Language Learning Part II: Pick Your Poison
- The Manly Alpha-Male’s Guide to Language Acquisition Part III: Dora the Explorapocalypse
- Matt’s Manly Minipost #1
- Pick the Culture, Not the Language
- Of Kindness and Kimchi
- The Manly Alpha-Male’s Guide to L2 Panic Rooms and Upper Chest Strength
- The Manly Alpha Male’s Guide to Guerrilla Wordfare
- Sans-internet in the Land of Miracles (now with more hot-tubs)
- The Gentlemen’s Guide to Pulling Out
- The Manly Alpha-Male’s Guide to Reading Things With French Words
- Dearest dudes and babes
- The Alpha Masculine-Male’s Guide to the Breast Korean Language Resources
- Mini-post: Tools of the Trade
- A Weekend of Compelling, Sword-based Input
- 一石二鳥 and a Milestone
- Let’s Play French
- A MANLY NEW YEAR
- Tools of the Trade: Twitter Clients
- The End?
- Grammar vs. Sexy Dancing
- The Skills to Pay the Bills (Y’all)
- Oh. My. God.
- If you’re interested, it’s for you
- When you’ve got a magic hammer, everything IS a nail.
- How to use a textbook
- All Carrot, No Stick
- The Life of Game
- Walking the Path
- Want to give something back?
- Mass(ively) Effect(ive)
- EverydayEnglish.tv is GO!
- We did it!
- Confucius on languages
- Of Hunters and Rabbits
No related posts.